Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes

Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes is one of my favorite attractions at Disneyland.  It's a hidden gem inside the park that a lot of people don't take advantage of (thank goodness, otherwise there would be a long line).  On some of our trips, this attraction is only open seasonally or on weekends, but we make an effort to go on it if at all possible.  I actually like to ride the canoes twice--once on the left of the seat and once on the right--that way I can get a balanced workout.  You see, these canoes are not on a track and the only power used to get the canoes to move is manpower.  A complete trip around the Rivers of America can be quite a workout on your arms, that is if you actually paddle like you are supposed to.  It's a good thing that the Cast Members are strong and are experts at paddling, but I try to help out as well (everyone is supposed to help).  "Never stop paddling" is something that they often remind the guest participating.  I like the corny jokes they tell and I like doing something physical instead of just being passive on a ride.  Back in 2002 I took a trip to Disneyland with a couple of neighbor girls and we made it a point every morning to ride the canoes twice.  I think the Cast Members thought we were a little strange when we got so excited and especially because we rode more than once.  One of them even offered me a job!  Anyway, check out the canoes sometime when you are in Disneyland.  I'm excited to take DD on them for the first time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment